Dentists specialize in health matters related to the mouth and gums, and they include preserving natural teeth for as long as possible, and ensuring oral health. Dentistry has an ancient history dating back to seven thousand years BC, so the civilizational and technological development has created a boom in this specialty, which today is considered one of The most important medical specialties.
About the specialty of dentistry
Dentistry is a branch of the medical field that is very popular among the medical fields that students from all over the world choose. , jaws, face, and ways to prevent these diseases to avoid infection and aggravation of the condition, and this specialization needs special skills and requirements that enable the student to move in the academic stages to obtain a scientific degree in the study of dentistry.
What are the qualities that must be available in the personality of a successful dentist?
- Communication skills: The doctor must be one of the friendly and gentle people in dealing with patients, in order to provide comfort and reassurance to the patient.
- Possessing the artistic sense and manual skills: Dentistry is an art in addition to being a science. Although the main goal of dental treatments is to preserve the oral tissues and their health, the aesthetic aspect has become an integral part of the treatment plans. Therefore, the student must develop his manual skills and sense of taste until To be a successful doctor by all accounts.
- Social intelligence and communication skill: The dentist deals with a large group of people, such as patients, laboratory technicians, and dental stores, which requires him to be smart, wise, and patient.
- Accuracy and attention to detail: Most of the dentist's work is in the mouth, which is a relatively narrow field, so the doctor must be characterized by infinite accuracy, perfection, and patience, because a simple mistake can spoil the patient's smile and oral health.
- Sense of responsibility and conscience: The dentist always seeks to focus on the patient's health and comfort more than personal and material interests.
Given the multiplicity of dental specialties, we will mention the most important specialties in this field:
- Preventive dentistry.
- Oral and dental tissues.
- Prosthetic dentistry.
- Pediatric dentistry.
- Mouth surgery.
- Forensic dentistry.
- Dental implantology.
- Periodontal disease.
- Oral diseases.
- Conservative dentistry.
- Dental anatomy.
The most important Turkish universities studying dentistry
- Nisantasi University.
- Biruni University.
- Yedi repent university.
- Okan University.
- İstanbul Kent University
- Bahcesehir University.
- Medipol University.
- Aydin University.
- Istanbul Gelişim University
- Altinbash University.